Our centre in the Market Square, Castlebar provides a welcoming space for young people to call in, get information or have a chat one–to-one with a support worker.
If a young person wants support, our staff are there to listen, without making judgements, and to provide supportive guidance. Along with our hub in Castlebar we have two outreach centres located in Erris and Ballina.
If you’re going through a tough time Mindspace can help. There is no issue too small to see us about.
Mindspace can help if you:
- Are feeling down, stressed or can’t stop worrying
- Don’t feel like yourself anymore
- Can’t deal with school/college/work or are finding it difficult to concentrate
- Are feeling sick or worried about your health
- Have questions about, or want to cut down on alcohol or other drug use
- Want to talk about sexuality, gender identity or relationships
- Are having difficulties with your family or friends
- Have sexual health issues
- Are being bullied, hurt or harassed
- Are worried about work or study or if you’re having money trouble
- Need someone to talk to
Getting support can help you to keep on track at school, study or work, and in your personal and family relationships. The sooner you get help the sooner things can begin to improve for you.
We also provide information and advice to anyone who is worried about a friend or young person in their life.
Working with the community
As well as directly helping young people in tough times, we want to work towards a community that is supportive of mental health and well being. Presentations and talks in schools, workplaces and community groups aim to open up a discussion on mental health and raise people’s awareness of the support that Mindspace Mayo can offer. We also work to improve the support available to young people by connecting with the many organisations throughout the county