Mindspace owns and runs this website. Mindspace needs to collect and use certain information about you when you use any of Mindspace Mayo’s online or phone services.
Mindspace is committed to protecting your privacy and takes the security of your information very seriously.
Mindspace Mayo’s aims to be clear and transparent about the information we collect about you and how we will use that information.
This policy will set out the following:
- The Data Controller
- The Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- What Personal Data we Collect
- What we use your Personal Data for
- How long will we hold onto your Personal Data
- Who will have access to your Personal Data
- International data transfers
- Your Rights
The Data Controller
Mindspace is the Data Controller for all personal data which is collected and used by this website. A Data Controller is the legal entity which determines how and why personal data is collected and used.
Mindspace Mayo office is located at Market Square, Castlebar, Co Mayo Ireland.
The Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Mindspace has a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with its data protection obligations. The Mindspace Data Protection Officer (DPO) can be contacted directly, here:
Email address: email@example.com
What Personal Data we Collect
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows Mindspace to identify you, such as your name & address, contact phone numbers and email address.
Most areas of the www.mindspacemayo.ie website can be accessed by you without the need for you to provide any of your personal data. Some areas, though, require you to submit your name, email address, and other contact details.
We collect personal information when you communicate with us using any media, phone or in person. You may give us information regarding a referral, to sign up for training or one of our events, ask about our activities, make a donation to us, purchase our publications or fundraise on our behalf.
Mindspace may collect and use the following personal data about you:
- Your name, address, contact telephone number, and email address, date of birth, gender, Father’s full name, if recorded, mother’s full birth name
- The communications you exchange with Mindspace as part of a phone call or making a complaint
- Information about your use of this website.
Cookies on the Mindspace website
Cookies are small files that are created and saved on your phone, tablet or computer when you visit a website. The term cookies can refer to cookies set in your web browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox or Brave) as well as a number of similar technologies including tracking pixels/web beacons, local shared objects/flash cookies and access to device information.
They store information about how you use the website, such as the pages you visit on our website and how you interact with the content on some of those pages. If you use the social media buttons on our website and allow the cookies from the companies that own these platforms then they will collect information about you.
Cookies are not viruses or computer programs. They are very small so do not take up much space.
What we use your Personal Data for
Any personal data we collect from you on this website or phone will only be used by Mindspace for the following purposes:
- To accept information about a referral to Mindspace
- To process a complaint
- To keep our website secure
- Analysis of visitor traffic to and usage of our website
- To distribute various Mindspace newsletters and information notices
- To gain your feedback on this website
Mindspace will not use the data we collect about you on the www.mindspacemayo.ie website for any other purposes without first contacting you and seeking your consent.
How long will we hold onto your Personal Data?
Mindspace will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. All personal data collected by Mindspace is retained in accordance with the HSE Record Retention Policy.
When Mindspace no longer needs your personal data, they securely delete or destroy your personal data.
Who will have access to your Personal Data?
Only Mindspace staff who are directly involved with the management of the www.mindspacemayo.ie website shall have access to your personal data which is collected by this website.
All Mindspace staff which may have access to personal data shall be bound to the Mindspace confidentiality agreements and are obliged to keep your personal data secure, and to use it only for the purposes specified by Mindspace.
What are your Rights?
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – where certain conditions apply, you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to review: in the event that the HSE’s refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
- Withdraw your consent – where you have consented to receiving emails or newsletters you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Making a complaint
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Mindspace, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Data Protection supervisory authority and the Mindspace Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection Supervisory Authority – (www.dataprotection.ie)
The Mindspace Data Protection Officer (DPO) can be contacted directly, here: